Verwood Town Football Club Standard Report Display Page



badge_small badge_small badge_xsmall badge_xsmall


Match Report East Cowes vs Verwood Town 06-Nov-21


Watkins delivery in the 4th minute was inch perfect for Chilman to spark a movement on the score sheet. 1-0.

An immediate counter from ECV gave O’Connor a chance to show safe hands. A throw to Danvers and we hit back down the left. Chilman whipped a low ball into the box but just too far ahead for Osman to benefit.

We had settled quickly. Elsom showed no after effects after his 5 course brunch and robbing a hopeful ECV forward set up Davies for a run down the right. Good feet took him inside for a left foot shot. The keeper did well to hold a rising volley.

We maintained pressure. This was a much better performance than our mid week fixture and showed no sign of easing.

ECV launched a high ball into the box. Burt comfortably headed clear.

Steady pressure on ECV’s defence paid off with 21 minutes gone. Davies and Chilman moved the ball through defenders but Davies’ finishing shot was diverted for a corner. Osman slammed the inswinger past the keeper .. 2-0.

Two minutes later we pressed down the right again and Davies this time slipped past a defender to slide the ball into the bottom corner .. 3-0.

Cooper’s usual low tolerance of his marker spilled on 29 minutes with a heavy wielded handbag earning a yellow card.

Hall, busy as usual took the ball off toes in the middle of the park and created space for Webber to race on goal. A low shot earned the keeper applause with a good save on the post.

Half Time 0-3.

We continued where we left off, on the attack. Webber strode away from his marker and chipped a great ball for Hall. A rising volley shaved the bar.

Burt made way for Dickenson on 3 minutes of the half.

A Danvers overlap had ECV defenders racing across. Danvers cut inside and hit 20 yarder that was saved by the keeper.

Chilman had a crack a few minutes later and ECV must have believed it was the Alamo all over again.

Dickenson and Elsom had stitched up the middle giving O’Connor no need for diazepam.

Tempers frayed a little half way through the half but the game continued without any serious need for Physios.

Cooper made way for Jake Kelly with 20 minutes gone.

We had a spell of more open football as ECV retaliated.

Watkins and Danvers were superb in cutting out flank threats and both Dickenson and Elsom had the measure of their opposite numbers.

30 minutes and Hancox came on for Webber. Two minutes later Danvers made one of his runs to cross for Kelly to ram home his first for the Club and our fourth of the game. 4-1.

32 minutes gone and Hall proved too hot to handle winning a tussle and racing wide. A great cross found Osman. His low shot whistled wide.

ECV benefitted from a lapse in energy and gave O’Connor no chance with a goal from inside the box with eight minutes left. 4-1.

We got a grip and with a minute left, Hancox stormed through to grab our fifth. 5-1.

Result 5-1

© Verwood Town Football Club   All Rights Reserved. Terms & Privacy Policy. Website by Verwood Town Webmaster