Verwood Town Football Club Standard Report Display Page



badge_small badge_small badge_xsmall badge_xsmall


Match Report Hythe and Dibden vs Verwood Town 3-Dec-2011


1min 30 secs Haskell to Homer and a cross cum shot was palmed out by an alert keeper. The corner swung in and Haskell was there to bury it in the roof of the net. 1-0.

We kept up the pressure and 4 minutes into the game Gajic jinked his way past two defenders to try a left foot shot. The keeper was able to palm it away but only to drop on Homer's left peg. A shot flew towards the net but the ball finished up skimming the wrong side of the post.

H&D got themselves together and a good move down the left gave room for a shot testing Lynch. Safe hands gathered the ball. A long throw and away went Sattersley to link with Haskell. A cross field ball found Webb, on to Dyer and a shot went wide.

We were enjoying a lot of the ball and benefitted from H&D mid field and back four dropping to defend their area.

10 minutes saw Haskell free up Homer. A shot was well saved. 12 minutes Wilson intercepted a pass and a line ball found Homer. Another shot and another save.

An excellent bit of football from H&D tested Lynch. A throw found Gajic. Cutting inside Gajic hit a low ball that the keeper had to scramble out. Haskell saw the opportunity and a side foot put number two on the board.

32 minutes and Wilson scored with a diving header to make it 3-0.


H&D's reaction at the start of the second half was to teach us a lesson in finishing. A long ball, an unusual slip by Delaney and Lynch moved only to pick the ball out of the net. 3-1.

We almost went two down but Lynch pushed the ball away from the area for a corner. Gajic leaped high to clear.

We were rocky for a while but got ourselves together proving the character in the side was improving all the time.

57 minutes a high ball into our box was cleared by Delaney. Haskell gathered and slipping the ball through the back four gave Satterley the opportunity for a cross shot. 4-.1.

Haskell deceptively slow, fooled the centre back in thinking he was about to sprint. Space appeared and Haskell's ball to Dyer was inch perfect. Unfortunately for Dyer his run had been spotted and was felled just outside the box. The free kick floated into the area and it was Haskell surprising everyone by appearing and delivering a header just over the bar.

15 minutes to go and Kelly's powerful clearance found Webb. A quick turn and a ball wide to Homer caught H&D out of shape. Homer cut in from the left touch line...made his way to the edge of the box... and unleashed an unstoppable shot to make it 5-1.

On came Elysee to replace Homer. On came Richards to replace Gajic.

We continued pressure and should have had another had it not been for a tremendous block by the full back.

By this time Haskell's input was telling and had he been on the main road moving as he was he would have been arrested for kerb crawling.

Nevertheless he struggled on to the whistle and finished the game with a great volley only to watch it fly wide.

Result 5-1

© Verwood Town Football Club   All Rights Reserved. Terms & Privacy Policy. Website by Verwood Town Webmaster