Verwood Town Football Club Standard Report Display Page



badge_small badge_small badge_xsmall badge_xsmall


Match Report United Services Verwood Town vs Andover New Street 15-Oct-2011


Andover's team looked as if it had an overhaul since our last game as new faces took the field.

We were short of Delaney who had gone North to celebrate release from his probation, and Chas Elysee who had just gone somewhere to celebrate anything,

8 minutes and Haskell set up Gajic for a shot. The keeper had no problem. A long ball cleared mid field and Kelly beat everyone to head clear.

Dyer worked hard to set up Saxby and a run down the right finished with the ball being headed over the bar by Haskell. The dead ball kick was gathered by Dyer again and a cross gave Gajic room for a shot. Again the keeper made a clean catch.

Andover's response was a good move down the left and a cross was hoofed over the bar when it would have been easier to score.

15 minutes and Murray smashed a terrific left foot shot destined for goal. The keeper palmed it up in the air Haskell followed in but hit the bar. The ball bounced on the spot and was then cleared.

An Andover break resulted in Lynch proving how capable he was and then a second attack luckily was hammered over the bar leaving the score at 0-0.

Webb Dyer and Haskell linked up to free Saxby. A shot was blocked in the area and eventually went out for a corner. In it came and Gajic tried a shot. A mad scramble and Homer raced in to smash the ball past the keeper. Celebrations were short lived as the ref pointed to the spot. Evans stepped up. His placed shot aimed for the top corner was palmed away by the keeper.

Freeman to Webb inside to Dyer...a left foot shot blocked...Haskell smashed the ball into the net....offside.

Half Time 0-0

Both sides were giving a great show of attacking football and it was in the 48th minute that the first goal hit the score board. A move stemming from Andover's defence slipped to the forward line finished up in the back of our net as a 30 yard low shot whipped past Lynch. 0-1. Andover's celebration was short lived...............

Homer took off from the re start skipping past his marker and rounding another defender setting up a great ball for Haskell.., This time there was no offside flag and the ref's abacus recorded 1-1.

For a while we were treated to the Saxby show as some great footwork gave him room to float a series of crosses into the box for Gajic and Haskell to try their luck.

At this stage of the game we were enjoying most of the attacking play but Andover was always dangerous on the break. Our back four though played well with Evans picking anything that crept through.

Freeman found a bit of space with 53 minutes gone and racing forward set up Saxby for a cross. Homer picked up the ball and a shot had the keeper beaten but hit the side netting.

Andover's keeper made a terrific save from a Gajic header and then performed yet again diverting a Saxby effort for a corner. The corner was cleared high and wide after a melee in the box.

Tackles got a bit feisty and Haskell was on the end of one that left him needing attention. Back on his feet the first ball needed chasing. He looked as if he had been artificially inseminated with a condemned Morrison's shopping trolley. The ball was easily cleared.

62 minutes and a Saxby scissor kick deserved a goal...the keeper palmed it away.

We maintained pressure..63 minutes and Gajic smashed the ball in the net following a pass from the labouring Haskell. 2-1.

87 minutes the bubbling Saxby followed in a Webb and Gajic move connecting perfectly with a cross leaving the final result...........


© Verwood Town Football Club   All Rights Reserved. Terms & Privacy Policy. Website by Verwood Town Webmaster