Verwood Town Football Club Standard Report Display Page



badge_small badge_small badge_xsmall badge_xsmall


Match Report Totton & Eling vs Verwood Town 13-Aug-19


It wasn’t route one that had the ball in both areas but good open football. T&E blasted an angled shot over the bar with only a minute gone and we retaliated immediately with a move through Dyer and Nicolson. Nicolson put a low cross into the box but it was intercepted and cleared.

A T&E cross found its way into our area but was marshaled by Glatzel. Good feet took him past a challenge and his ball wide right found Maddocks. A great pass landed just right for Davies to cut inside and cross to the far post. Good defending headed clear.

The counter again had Glatzel steaming into a tackle and the referee had no hesitation in giving T&E a free kick in the edge of our area. Thompson watched it fly over the bar.

Rutten put in a shift with 16 minutes on the clock, tracking back and dispossessing a runner. Rutten’s ball wide found Nicolson in space. A chip inside and Rutten was there again to nod on to Davies. A low shot was beaten out for a corner. Maddocks won the aerial battle but put his header past the angle.

Play continued at a fast space with both teams committed to playing on the deck.

We should have gone in front with 31 minutes on the clock with another mazy Davies run and cross dipping under the bar. The keeper did well to take the catch under pressure.

3 minutes later Vint chased & won the ball in T&E’s third. A slide rule pass and there was Gray to hammer a low shot past the keeper. 1-0.

T&E responded with an attack down the right a deliver a deep cross into our penalty box. Glatzel headed out and Kelly blocked and cleared the rebound.

Half Time 1-0

Energy levels were high. T&E’s keeper took the ball off Gray’s feet and Thompson made a great catch under the bar as both teams went for goals.

Hall and Maddocks had the measure of their opposite numbers and working hard in midfield helped to spark our second goal with Davies crossing to the far post and Vint climbing high to nod the ball into the roof of the net, 2-0

T&E bounced back. A good break on their left, a deep cross and Thompson did well to take the ball under pressure.

Stuttard had replaced Gray up front and a great chip freed Vint for a run on goal. A sliding tackle by the CH took the ball and Vint over the line.

42 gone and Davies broke on the right. Outstripping the back Davies rifled a great shot low into the bottom corner 3-0. .. A tip… If Davies ever runs in the Greyhound Derby – Back him.

A late flurry from T&E was handled competently at the back and on 45+1 a Hall through ball found Vint who tucked away his second of the game. 4-0.

Result 4-0.