Verwood Town Football Club Standard Report Display Page



badge_small badge_small badge_xsmall badge_xsmall


Match Report Verwood Town vs Totton and Eling 06-Apr-19


We wuz robbed. 30 seconds left of the game and Gajic was felled in the box. A stone cold penalty. Inexplicably, not given. We had to settle for a point.

T&E’s flight plan was a direct one, and within a couple of minutes Lynch had to punch clear from a high ball into the box. Eaton collected and gave Nicholson a run. Nicholson’s delivery into the box was fielded by the keeper. The keeper’s punt dropped just outside our area for Kelly to head away.

It was the story of the first half. We defended well with Kelly Gajic Glatzel and Head displaying a great understanding. Sammy Glatzel slotted in nicely despite this being his first game for several months away on Uni duty.

. Matt Vining and Nathan Gray found difficulty breaking down a very resolute T&E back line but when a shot got through a very competent keeper proved impenetrable.

Captain on the day, Charlie Heggan was an inspiration in the middle combining defensive and attacking duties alongside an industrious Josh Hall.

Half way through the half Gray headed over the bar from a Nicholson cross and then Kelly split T&E’s defence open with a cross ball for Vining. Vining’s run took him past the full back but only to see his low cross gathered by the keeper.

The blitz continued. Lynch displayed good hands collecting another high ball dropping in the six yard box and Head’s anticipation cut out a couple of line balls that were planned to drop over him.

Half Time 0-0.

The re start was a carbon copy of the first half. 34 seconds on the clock and a high ball was pumped over midfield. 2 runners raced through but Lynch was quicker than both of them and delivered a slide rule pass to Nicholson. Nicholson went for the bye line but was halted by a strong tackle taking him and the ball into touch.

We then had a spell of good attacking football from T&E and found ourselves on the back foot. The dour long ball game was put on hold for a while and the crowd enjoyed some good accurate football from both sides.

It wasn’t to last. T&E reverted to long ball again and we got back on top. Heggan with Gajic support clipped a superb shot onto the roof of the net as we spent more time in the T&E third. Nathan Gray’s injury then forced change and Mick Cowland substituted on 64 minutes.

Cowland’s skill and energy was a lift and within minutes he had tucked into midfield sparking attacks.

Eaton had been a thorn in the T&E defence during the game and had the edge in pace and power. Unfortunately it turned out to be one of those days that no matter what we did we couldn’t put the ball in the net.

90+2 and Gajic forced his way through but to be felled in the area. It should have been a penalty but the decision to play on was inexplicable. The whistle blew 30 seconds later.

Result 0-0.