Verwood Town Football Club Standard Report Display Page



badge_small badge_small badge_xsmall badge_xsmall


Match Report Bashley vs Verwood Town 28-Jul-18


Only a minute had elapsed when Richardson had to cut across to his right making a telling tackle and stopping a break into the box.

Bashley had the benefit of a swirling wind and maximized it to advantage.

Browning and Ballard, our central pairing, had their aerial abilities tested to the full as Bashley hit the area. Browning looked confident and comfortable. Ballard settled in nicely after his long lay off.

Bashley’s early dominance was reduced as we got ourselves together. Browning took ball off toes to spark a move down our left. A ball wide to Davies and we hit the edge of Bashley’s box with a good run.

A ball across the box was taken by the keeper.

The quick pace of the game continued with Bashley pushing us back. A shot from the edge of our box had Daniels making a great diving save but there was nothing he could do with 25 minutes gone as a cross aided by the wind found a clutch of players racing in and a header looped over Daniels to finish up in the net. 0-1.

We hit back with a move through the middle finishing with Head springing an attack on the left. A Davies flick over the full back and Davies hit the bye line. A cross caused confusion in the Bashley box but the resultant corner was headed clear.

Chilman was then tested as Bashley worked the flanks. Great anticipation made him the winner.

Dyer caused the keeper to fluff a clearance on 30 minutes and the ball spun free to Kimber just outside the box. Kimber’s lob was clawed wide of the post.

The retaliatory attack gave Chilman another chance to shine as he chested a shot off the line.

Half Time 0-1

Gilham came on for the start of the second half replacing Robinson.

49 minutes gone and Dyer won a tussle in the middle of the park sending a wide ball to the feet of Davies. Davies raced away from the full back and cutting in to the edge of the area hit a cross shot skimming the foot of the post.

We then hit a good spell having more of the game than the hosts.

54 minutes O’Hare came on for Ballard. 55 minutes Mills came on for Head.

Bashley pushed forward as we settled. It gave O’Hare a chance to bed in and despite his long absence from the game did exceptionally well winning his personal battle against an aggressive forward.

Then a great move orchestrated by Browning was a highlight. Browning won the ball from a runner. Dropping a shoulder Browning sent his marker the wrong way. On to Mills. Good feet took Mills down the line. On to Richardson and Richardson’s through ball sent Chilman wide left. A cross into the box was toe ended by a defender diverting it from the feet of the deadly Cole.

Dyer topped a shot and Chilman had a header saved.

6 minutes left and a corner was cleared by O’Hare. The ball landed for a punt back into our box and this time Bashley won the header to score a second. 0-2.

We almost had one back at the end when Gilham worked the ball down the right and sent Cole away. A deep cross was inches away from Chilman’s head.

Result 0-2.