VTFC Commercial Manager Description
VERWOOD TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
Verwood Town Football Club is currently inviting applications for the position of Commercial Manager.
The successful applicant will provide new business income for a thriving and ambitious football club,
as well as achieving continued support for its current excellent sponsors.
The role will be a voluntary position but the appointed person would receive a
percentage of net profit received by the club through new commercial deals.
This would increase as certain levels were met. Hours are very flexible, it is possible to fulfil the role working from home, although visits to the club will be required for meetings.
The key responsibilities are attracting investment in the club by way of sponsorship and other general fundraising activities,
including ground and website advertising, programme advertisements and match sponsorships, together with increasing membership of the club lottery.
The successful applicant will also boost income with current advertisers, as well as secure new business
Skills and Experience Required
• Experience in the Commercial sector
• Able to play an ambassadorial role for the club
• Financially numerate with the ability to prepare and present basic board papers and reports
• Able to provide a key interface with the commercial world
• Experience to be able to negotiate, sell and influence
• Self-starter with motivation, commitment, enthusiasm and drive
• Some knowledge of football would be helpful.
Applications should be made to the Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org